Shown below are the method, steps, and ingredients for making Fish Casserole as found in Barbados.
- 2 lb. fish
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- 1 pt. white sauce
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 2 ozs. Grated cheese.
- Cut up fish into small steaks and season each piece, place fish in a casserole, and put in the pre-heated oven with the lid off for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven and drain off any water.
- Arrange onions, tomatoes, and macaroni over fish. (This can be done by putting a layer of each at a time).
- Pour white sauce over the fish and sprinkle grated cheese.
- Cover with lid and place in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and boiled potatoes.
Serves approx. 8 people.