Below are the method, steps, and ingredients for making Flying Fish Pie found in Barbados.
- 6 – 8 Flying fish
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Brown gravy
- 1 Beaten egg
- Fluffed English or sweet potato or yam
Flying fish is a fish found in the Caribbean waters. It’s rather like a herring.
- Scale, bone, and fillet the fish, season down between the flesh with minced onion, hot pepper, salt and pepper, and parsley.
- Dip in egg and breadcrumbs and fry quickly on both sides till cooked; do not over fry.
- Grease a casserole or open dish; arrange half of the fish in this, followed by a layer of an onion, tomato, and hard-boiled egg.
- Repeat another layer of everything.
- Make a brown gravy and pour over this.
- Top with fluffed potato.
- Bake in oven 350º-400º for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Serves 5 – 6.
View a short video on YouTube about the Flying Fish: https://youtu.be/szuchBiLrEM
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU